Alarm bells ring with a new AI. It is rewriting its code and the results could be dramatic.
The Tokyo-based artificial intelligence research firm Sakana AI has announced the launch of a new system called “The AI Scientist.” This system is designed to carry out scientific research independently, on its own, using artificial intelligence language models similar to those used in platforms such as ChatGPT. The AI Scientist, whose peculiarity is based on its ability to automate the entire research life cycle, from the generation of ideas to the execution of experiments and the writing of complete scientific manuscripts, is worrying the scientific community.
During initial testing of the system, researchers were able to observe unexpected behaviors that raised concerns about the safety and control of autonomous systems. In particular, The AI Scientist was found to be attempting to modify its own experimental code in order to extend the work time allotted to solve specific problems. This modification of the code resulted in the creation of uncontrolled loops and other unforeseen behaviors that, while not posing immediate risks because they occurred in controlled research environments, highlight how important it is to isolate this type of research from the real world when dealing with AI.
https://medium.com/@martareyessuarez25/alarm-bells-ring-with-a-new-ai-it-is-rewriting-its-code-and-the-results-could-be-dramatic-6107681d166d

This week I have visited two websites:
ResponderEliminar- Word reference , where I am learning vocabulary and the correct pronunciation of different words I have difficulties with.
- W3schools, In this site I can see interactive tutorials about programming languages and web technologies in English; I have been reviewing the subject I am currently studying in the Object Oriented Programming Application course which is arrays and errors, and I have already learned the translation of some words like for example: “entries()” which means entries.
This week I remembered some adverbs of frequency which were useful to me to do the work of my daily routine and visit the following page: https://oxinity.com/es/blog/gramatica/adverbios/ejemplos-adverbios-de-frecuencia-en-ingles/
ResponderEliminarThen I better understood the adverbs of frequency with the following image:https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/oxinities-bucket/112517/1605603158_Screenshot_2020-11-14_at_19.42.00.png
I have been practicing the use of adverbs of frequency, and the importance of them. And they are important to express or describe how often we perform an action, we use them regularly.
ResponderEliminarI have been learning new vocabulary and practicing the pronunciation of some verbs with these two songs that are some of my favorites in English, these are some of the verbs I learned:
ResponderEliminar1. Happy - Pharrell Williams
Waste - desperdiciar
warn - advertir
Give - dar
seem - parecer
2. Happy toguether:
Think - pensar
Keep - mantener
Wish - desear
Cherish - atesorar
This week while doing some college work, I had the idea of translating some words into English and practicing their pronunciation, these are some words that I practiced and had trouble saying: squirrel (ardilla), Phenomenon(fenomeno), Clothes(ropa), Vegetable(verdura), suppliers(provedores), inventory(inventario), payments(pagos) and quantity(cantidad).
ResponderEliminarAs a big fan of movies, science fiction series and video games, I decided to take advantage of watching the “Halo” series to improve my English. I decided to watch some episodes with English subtitles, which allowed me to follow the characters' dialogue, learn new words and practice pronunciation. During the scenes, I encountered several r-words. For example, the term “take point,” which means to lead or go to the front, is used in the series in the phrase “Chief, you take point and clear the area.” [...] Another term I found is “reconnaissance,” used in the phrase “Send a reconnaissance team to gather intel.” Whenever characters used technical terms I didn't know, I paused the episode, noted the words, and then looked up their translation and usage in different contexts. For example, I came across the phrase “stand down,” which is used in tense situations. Also, to improve my listening comprehension, I replayed some action scenes and paid full attention to the way the phrases were pronounced. This helped me get used to the fast pace of the dialogue.
ResponderEliminarI read the following article about an artificial intelligence in Japan that tried to modify its code to extend its activity time. This creation was in itself a qualitative laboratory, it was under control and its objective was to carry out research autonomously.
ResponderEliminarhttps://medium.com/@martareyessuarez25/alarm-bells-ring-with-a-new-ai-it-is-rewriting-its-code-and-the-results-could-be-dramatic-6107681d166d
This week I decided to practice writing in English and at the same time develop some college programming work, so I decided to program some java code in English only, this way I practiced writing some words and became familiar with common terms and structures in English programming.
ResponderEliminarExample code: I created a Java program that asks the user for his name, age and profession, and then prints it.
public class UserInfo {
public static void main(String[] args) {
Scanner scanner = new Scanner(System.in);
System.out.print("Enter your name: ”);
String name = scanner.nextLine();
System.out.print("Enter your age: ”);
int age = scanner.nextInt();
scanner.nextLine();
System.out.print("Enter your profession: ”);
String profession = scanner.nextLine();
System.out.println(“User Information:”);
System.out.println("Name: ” + name);
System.out.println("Age: ” + age);
System.out.println("Profession: ” + profession);
}
}
I read an article entitled “What is systems engineering? An introduction to the discipline”. This article gave me an overview of what systems engineering is, highlighting its importance in managing complex projects and defining customer requirements. I read the entire article, underlined the words and phrases I did not understand, looked up their translation, and made a brief summary of what I found important in the article:
ResponderEliminarSystems engineering is a field that helps manage complex projects. It started during World War II and was later used by NASA. The main goal is to understand and control the various parts of a project to make sure everything works well together. A fundamental part of systems engineering is to find out what the customer really needs, not just what they say they want. This helps to avoid problems later.
link to article: https://www.schoolofsystemsengineering.com/post/what-is-systems-engineering-an-introduction-to-the-discipline
This week I was studying exception handling in Java and I found some exceptions that are difficult to remember and pronounce in English, such as: NullPointerException, ClassCastException, IllegalArgumentException, FileNotFoundException, IndexOutOfBoundsException. Learning how to handle these exceptions not only helps me write more robust code, but also allows me to practice technical English vocabulary. Phrases like catch an exception and throw an exception are fundamental in programming; this is why I make an effort to pronounce them correctly and remember how to write them.
ResponderEliminarThis week I decided to practice English in a different way: with music. I listened to some of my favorite English songs, and focused on learning the pronunciation of words and phrases. As I read the lyrics, I realized that many words that seem simple change their pronunciation when sung. I paid special attention to how the singers pronounced certain words and tried to imitate their accent and intonation. I repeated the songs several times to make sure I caught the nuances in the way they pronounced. For example, I have the song “Hotel california - the eagles”, which has many words that are difficult for me to pronounce, not so much because of their grammar but to say them fluently without pauses; on the other hand, I was able to pronounce some phrases correctly and I increased my vocabulary.
ResponderEliminar